Convince your boss
I’ve received details about an exciting Intranet Conference in Vancouver, Canada. The two-day conference (May 13–14th) entitled ThoughtSummit has sessions on topics including:
- Internal communications
- Knowledge management
- Employee engagement
- Workplace productivity
The conference features industry-recognized speakers and will provide me with actionable information I can bring home and immediately apply to our intranet. I will also get to see amazing examples of intranets and to learn tips, best practices, and secrets of success from other intranet experts.
This is a great opportunity for me to grow my skill set, and improve the efficiency and ROI of our intranet. In addition to the sessions, I’ll get to connect with like-minded peers and collaborate on ways to overcome shared challenges on our intranets and across our roles.
Scheduled sessions include:
- How to Customize Your Intranet to Keep Your Employees Engaged
- There is a Form for That! Creating and leveraging forms in your intranet
- What Customer Success can Teach us about Employee Success
- You Can’t Commsplain Your Way to Success! How communicators can take ownership and overcome the denial about explaining away our challenges
Here’s what a few of the attendees from the last ThoughtSummit said about their experience:
- “I feel like I’ve established a community of practice after leaving the event.”
- “There’s so much more we could be doing with our intranet that we aren’t, and I don’t think I would have had any idea without attending ThoughtSummit.”
- “I loved all of the client presentations. I found it really interesting to see how other clients are using ThoughtFarmer.”
Attending ThoughtSummit will help me effectively deliver on our 2019 intranet objectives, including:
- Intranet Initiative 1
- Intranet Initiative 2
Priced substantially lower than many other conferences, these are the approximate costs for attending ThoughtSummit:
- Airfare: $ xxx (local currency)
- Transportation (between airport and hotel): $40 CAD
- Hotel: (3 nights at $169) $507 CAD
- Meals: (3 days at $50) $150 CAD
- Registration Fee (edit if you registered early or receive a discount code): $800 CAD
- Total: $ x,xxx
(Note, the Canadian dollar is currently at approx. $1.30 USD, so Americans enjoy extra savings!)
I’d like to register for a ticket early before the price goes up. I promise to submit a post-conference report that will include my major takeaways and actionable items for 2019. I can also share relevant information with key personnel throughout the company.
Thank you for considering this request. I look forward to your reply.